The mission shaped ministry course is a one-year learning journey in a supportive community, equipping you for a lifetime of good practice and learning in planting and sustaining fresh expressions of church.
Those who come on mission shaped ministry tend to do so:
- as individuals and as teams;
- as leaders and members, clergy and lay people, learning side by side;
- as they prepare to start a fresh expression of church;
- once they have already started a fresh expression of church;
- because they want their existing church to be more mission-shaped.
Who is it for?
- Those exploring how to being, sustain and grow a fresh expression of church;
- Experienced pioneers who want to reflect on what they are doing;
- Those wanting to learn qualities of Christian ministry
- Christians who want their churches to be more effective in mission;
- All denominations, traditions and ages;
- Urban, suburban and rural contexts.
Features of the course
- Designed for busy Christians;
- Delivered ecumenically;
- Local and national teachers;
- Reflection on your context and story;
- Varied learning styles and resources;
- Coaching, mentoring, learning networks;
- Full materials and extra online material.
- Mission context;
- The mission of God;
- Vision, values and call;
- Starting something new;
- Listening for mission;
- What is church?
- Gospel and culture;
- Team roles and behaviour;
- Spirituality, worship and the sacraments;
- Growing to maturity.
Your local course
The course is provided ecumenically by local course centres across the country, as well as being piloted online. We believe it will be a significant resource for building the Kingdom of God in every area.
Individuals are most welcome, but we particularly hope that small groups from a church will participate as this will deepen the impact of the course.
Course teachers include a mix of local and national practitioners, pioneers and theologians.
Course timetable and venue
The course is usually run over the course of a year on three Saturdays, six weeknights and a weekend away, although the pattern varies for some courses and for msm online.
|mission shaped ministry - flier||878.63 KB|
|mission shaped ministry - prospectus||253.82 KB|