The Diocese of Lincoln, Groundlevel, Churches Together in all Lincolnshire, and Lincolnshire Methodist District are delighted to make msm available locally.
We believe it will be a significant resource for building the Kingdom of God in this area.
Individuals are most welcome, but we particularly hope that small groups from a church or fresh expression will come as a team. This will significantly deepen the impact of the course.
Who is it for?
- Those exploring how to begin, sustain and grow a fresh expression of church;
- Experienced pioneers who want to reflect on what they are doing;
- Those wanting to learn qualities of Christian ministry;
- Christians who want their churches to be more effective in mission;
- All denominations, traditions and ages;
- Urban, suburban and rural contexts.
Features of the course
- Designed for busy Christians;
- Delivered ecumenically;
- Local and national teachers;
- Reflection on your context and story;
- Varied learning styles and resources;
- Coaching, mentoring, learning networks;
- Full materials and extra online material.
- Mission context;
- The mission of God;
- Vision, values and call;
- Starting something new;
- Listening for mission;
- What is church?
- Gospel and culture;
- Team roles and behaviour;
- Spirituality, worship and the sacraments;
- Growing to maturity.
Your local course
The course leaders and teachers include Revd David Bartlett, Revd David Newlove, Jesse Ratcliff, Revd Dr Richard Steel, Kath and Pete Atkins, Bob & Mary Hopkins.
Course timetable and venue
- Saturday, 28 January 2017
- Monday, 06 February 2017 or Wednesday, 08 February 2017
- Monday, 06 March 2017 or Wednesday, 08 March 2017
- Weekend Residential: Friday, 31 March 2017-Sunday, 02 April 2017
- Monday, 10 April 2017 or Wednesday, 12 April 2017
- Monday, 08 May 2017 or Wendessay, 10 April 2017
- Monday, 05 June 2017 or Wednesay, 07 June 2017
- Saturday, 10 June 2017
- Monday, 03 July 2017 or Wednsday, 05 July 2017
- Monday, 11 September 2017 or Wednesday, 13 September 2017
- Monday, 02 October 2017 or Wednesday, 04 October 2017
- Saturday, 18 November 2017
This year, the course will be run over two locations in Lincolnshire for the weekday evening sessions.
Mondays in the north near Grimsby: St Peter, Church Walk, Holton-le-Clay, DN36 5AN.
Wednesdays in the south near Spalding: New Life Community Church; The Junction, Wash Rd, Kirton, PE20 1QJ.
Everyone will come together for the Saturday sessions at Bishop Grosseteste University Chapel, Longdales Rd, Lincoln, LN1 3DY.
The residential weekend will be at Hayes Conference Centre, Swanwick, Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 1AU.
£275 per person which covers all materials, refreshments and the residential weekend away.
Financial support may be available for Anglican clergy (please speak to Bill Goodman, CMD officer for the diocese of Lincoln for more information). Lay ministers in the diocese of Lincoln may apply for a grant up to £125. There are 20 grants available for this course on a first come, first served basis,and are limited to two applications per benefice (please speak to Jesse Ratcliff, Lay Ministry Officer for the diocese of Lincoln for more information). More financial support may be available locally for other denominations.
Download the flier and booking form at the bottom page or book online.
|msm Flier - Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire.pdf||400.32 KB|
|msm Image for Sharing - Lincolnshire.pdf||258.38 KB|