The York Diocese and The Methodist Discipleship and Ministries Learning Network, Yorkshire Plus Region are delighted to make msm available locally.
We believe it will be a significant resource for building the Kingdom of God in this area.
Individuals are most welcome, but we particularly hope that small groups from a church or fresh expression will come as a team. This will significantly deepen the impact of the course.
Who is it for?
- Those exploring how to begin, sustain and grow a fresh expression of church;
- Experienced pioneers who want to reflect on what they are doing;
- Those wanting to learn qualities of Christian ministry;
- Christians who want their churches to be more effective in mission;
- All denominations, traditions and ages;
- Urban, suburban and rural contexts.
Features of the course
- Designed for busy Christians;
- Delivered ecumenically;
- Local and national teachers;
- Reflection on your context and story;
- Varied learning styles and resources;
- Coaching, mentoring, learning networks;
- Full materials and extra online material.
- Mission context;
- The mission of God;
- Vision, values and call;
- Starting something new;
- Listening for mission;
- What is church?
- Gospel and culture;
- Team roles and behaviour;
- Spirituality, worship and the sacraments;
- Growing to maturity.
Your local course
The course leaders and teachers include Fiona Fidgin, Rachel McCallam, Terry Joyce, Richard Walker
Course timetable and venue
- Saturday 25th March 2017
- Tuesday 25th April 2017
- Residential Weekend 12th -14th May 2017
- Tuesday 13th June 2017
- Saturday 8th July 2017
- Tuesday 12th September 2017
- Saturday 14th October 2017
- Tuesday 7th November 2017
- Saturday 2nd December 2017
Tuesday evenings and all day Saturday to be held at The Diocese of York City Office, Amy Johnston way, Clifton Moor, York, YO30 4XT
The residential weekend is at Sneaton Castle, Whitby,YO21 3QN
|York 2017 msm Flier with Booking Form.pdf||270.88 KB|